lunes, 8 de octubre de 2018

MIND YOUR LANGUAGE



            

Class 1A of Bachaloriat at IES Antigua Sexi, last week, watched an episode of “MIND YOUR LANGUAGE” .  A comedy British series from the 70s.

“MIND YOUR LANGUAGE” is about a group on international students learning English in a classroom environment. These students have a low level understanding of the English language, which makes a lot of the responses to dialogues in class unintentionally humorous for example one of the students would say “squeeze me” instead of “excuse me”.

Season 1 Episode 1 is about how everyone introduces themselves by saying their names, nationalities and jobs, this was a challenge indeed for both the students and the teacher.


After watching the episode the students of class 1A were instructed to answer a series of questions about the episode which were then debated in group.

This series has a very old fashioned humor which in my opinion nowadays can be interpreted in the wrong way. I think that because of how society is constructed now, some of the things talked about in the dialogue of this series for example the actor of Indian decent says stuff that in the twenty first century can be thought   racist and inappropriate, to me this is crazy but it is because in the modern era we take everything that is perfectly normal and supposed to be funny way out of proportion which to me is a complete and utter shame.

All in all I liked the episode that we watched, I thought it very amusing and enjoyable. I like watching “old” comedies that are before my time because I find that they can teach you a lot about what use to be funny or generally what use to be.

“Life can only be understood backwards; but it must be lived forwards.”

Which is why I think it is important to learn these things about our past wether its silly jokes or something much more important.

     Natasha R. Langley . (1st BACH A)

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario